There are so many "how-to" photography articles and I get overwhelmed by the details. Things to consider are...
- Lighting. What I remember about this is - natural lighting is best.
- Background. I experiment but try to stick with white because when I'm adjusting the image on my photo software, I know my background should be white. If it turns purple, I know I'm waaaayyyy off from my item's real color.
- Close-Ups. I know I should be using macro mode.
- Angles. I know taking shots from different angles creates a something that is more interesting.
- Cropping. I know nothing.
- Grouping. Just put 'em all together right?
- Additional Photos. The customer needs to know what he/she is buying so the additional photos should give an idea of size, texture, smell... I definitely need improvement in this area.
- Upselling. Is there something else in my store that will go good with this purchase? Hmmm...I mention getting a gift box. I'm sure I can work on this part while actually having fun.
- Editing. Need help. The article mentions Piknic, Picasa and Gimp. I've tried Piknic and Picasa. Maybe I can learn Gimp.
Beginning of Success...I hope!
It's All in the Name
Shop Set Up