Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Frayed Flowers Tutorial

I have this frayed flower listed on Etsy but you can make your own in just a few steps.

Frayed Flowers Hair Clip
  1. Using a cup as a template, I traced the rim on my fabric.
  2. I cut it out.
  3. By freehand, I cut the fabric in a continuing spiral pattern - thicker on the outer ring and getting smaller as you near the center. 
  4. Using a straight stitch, sew the spiral near the edges where you just cut. I started from the inside and moved out.
  5. Gather along the stitch and arrange into a flower pattern.
  6. Sew a bead or button in the center of the flower.
  7. Finally, using a glue gun, I glued the flower to the snap pin.  (Make sure your flower does not fray from the center out by making sure you glue close to the edge where you sewed.)
All done.

Remember to enter the Spiral Rope Bracelet Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...