For those who are following my blog, you may know that I am trying to "get serious" about my crafting and selling on Etsy. Some days I'm more serious than others...whew! seriousness is hard work! I noticed all the people having fun with "giveaways" and I'm into fun so as soon as I can work out the details, I'm going to give it a shot.
This is what I learned about giveaways.
- Sponsoring a giveaway is a wonderful way to promote and get new traffic to your site.
- Give away something of value that represents your style.
- Your giveaway item should be attractive as if you are selling it.
- Don't make it hard for the readers to win your item.
- Don't drag out the qualifying period.
- Be clear about the rules.
- Don't annoy your readers/followers by constantly harping them about your giveaway.
- Reach out to other networks that promote giveaways.
- Host your giveaway on another blog that has more traffic than your own blog.
- Treat your winner like a customer and follow through.