Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Awwww-inspired Seal Pup Earrings

Seal Pup Beaded Earrings
Awwww....When I see fuzzy, white seal pups on calendar pages, my heart just melts.  Seal pups are the most endearing babies on the universe and I would not be able to call my Etsy shop, Handmade + Cute, if I didn't list a seal pup at one time or another.

With this goal in mind, I created a simple pup pattern on a brick stitch chart and used size 11 Toho seed beads.  I chose three colors for this project - opaque lustered white for the face and body, opaque lustered baby pink for the cheeks and opaque jet black for the eyes and nose.  For this small, lightweight design, I used transparent quilting thread to weave the beads together.  The finished seal pup is attached is surgical steel, nickel free ear wires.

The finished work measures about 1.75 cm. in width and 1.5 cm. in height.  The entire length with the ear wire is about 3 cm.  

I haven't yet listed this in my shop but it should be up soon.  Please stop by and visit me.  

Thanks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...