Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Little Bird



Another modular origami craft.  160 folded paper triangles were used to make this little bird.  It measures about 3.5 inches in height - just a teeny little thing.




Front and back views.

This birdy is not yet complete because I'm trying to make her (pink and purple makes it a her) "purposeful" rather than just decorative and I need to work on those eyes that seem flat compared to her dimensional body.  All this work because I'm uh...obsessed... and because decorative handmade things in our household often gets thrown out when we get tired of looking at it.  I think little bird will make a great party favor or gift that can actually hold treats.  I'll see what I can do to make her useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...