Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Making Christmas Ornament Earrings



I'm going to show you how I made these Christmas ornament earrings. This is not really a tutorial but you may be able to fill in the blanks and make your own "ornament earrings".

These are the materials I used.

Ear hooks, glass pearl beads and jump rings (not shown).
Toho seed beads, size 11 in transparent Siam ruby and silver lined frosted crystal. 

Just a note, although both bead colors size are 11, the silver lined beads are a little bigger than the transparent beads so if you plan on using it in the same project, the beads may not look uniform.  In this project, the different sizes do not really matter.

Now, using fishing line (monofilament), I tie on a red bead and string it through the pearl.  I double the fishing line to reduce the "stretchiness".


Then I add seven red beads and once again I string it through the pearl so that the red beads wrap half way around the pearl.


I keep doing this until I have seven strands around the bead. Then I top the bead with 2 crystal seed beads. For strength and holding power, I thread through the pearl once again and tie off the line.

I add a jump ring and the ear hook and I am done.  Make one more and you have a set of Christmas ornament earrings!

You can make various colors of these earrings and use different shades and kinds of beads for the center such as acrylic faceted beads, metallic beads, etc.  Once you've done one, you'll see how easy it is and you'll come up with your own designs.

Have fun celebrating Christmas in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...